Instructions for Firearms Licensing Applications
- COST - Application processing fees are non-refundable ALL CHECKS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO “TOWN OF WAKEFIELD” Only checks or money orders accepted, (NO CASH).
All Licenses To Carry and non-restrictive FID cards require a $100.00 application fee.
Restrictive FID cards (mace/pepper spray ONLY) and FID card to persons under 18 yrs require a $25.00 application fee.
Renewals for applicants age 70 yrs or older and renewals for restrictive FID’s (mace/pepper spray ONLY) are free.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS ACCOMPANIED WITH THE APPROPRIATE PAYMENT.
- TRAINING CERTIFICATES:
- License to Carry (class A and B type), All new applicants, including renewals in from another town, must provide a Massachusetts State approved certificate of training (photo copy).
- FID cards (non restrictive) require a training certificate (Hunter and Safety course).
- Restrictive FID Cards do not require a training certificate (mace or pepper spray).
- PLEASE SUBMIT THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM WITH THE APPLICATION FEE AND ANY OTHER REQUIRED PAPERWORK TOGETHER IN A COMPLETE PACKAGE.
- APPLICATION PROCESSING:
- No appointment required. ~Processing will be done every Tuesday between 8:30am to 1:30pm unless the Permit Officer is called away on urgent Police business. Applicants must drop off their application at least 5 days before the Tuesday they come in for processing. This will insure that the processing time will be minimal. The Permit Officer will take photos and fingerprints during the processing.
- For questions regarding firearms licensing procedures, forms or application processing, contact the Records Department 339-219-4602.
Keep this instruction form for reference
Gun permit instructions and Gun permit form Dec 2013.pdf